Taking Risk Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite method of foreign language teaching?

5 posters

Go down

What is your favorite method of foreign language teaching? Empty What is your favorite method of foreign language teaching?

Post by 31Siriwat017 Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Personally, I think my favorite method of foreign language teaching or you also call 8 วิธีโบราณ is Total Physical Response (TPR). Total physical response, or TPR, emphasizes the comprehension skill. For example, students are trained to respond to commands: look at the.... , sit down, open your book, etc. This first step can later be expanded to storytelling, where students act out actions described in an oral narrative, thus demonstrating their comprehension of the language. That is my favorite method of foreign language teaching.

Siriwat 017 3EN
31Siriwat017
31Siriwat017
ครูผู้ช่วย
ครูผู้ช่วย

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite method of foreign language teaching? Empty Re: What is your favorite method of foreign language teaching?

Post by 31Chayuda021 Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Hoestly, I have no method that I like but if I have to choose, I will choose "Suggestopedia".
It is the method that helps students to use the power of their brain effectively.
It will convince students to get rid of the negative thinking about the language.
Students can be themselves and relax while they are learning.
They can create their new names including careers .
It can adapt with other method effectively.

Chayuda 021 3EN
31Chayuda021
31Chayuda021
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite method of foreign language teaching? Empty Re: What is your favorite method of foreign language teaching?

Post by 31Jariya002 Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:28 am

I think the eight methods in Teaching English are not suitable for our country.
I do not like them all, but the most adaptable method for me is The Cognitive Code Learning Theory.
It seems like Communicative Language Teaching in nowadays.
Students can learn from comunicative competence rather than grammartical competence.
I would prefer this method and I will adapt it properly for Thai students.

Jariya 002 3EN
31Jariya002
31Jariya002
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 42Surayuth069 Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:54 am

I think some of them are still useful for teaching English now! However, it would be more effective to make use of the new acceptable approach, Communicative Language Teaching or CLT! This is because it is more meaningful for students to learn the language! The focus of CLT approach is on meaningful communication! Students are provided with both grammatical competence and communicative competence! Students are encouraged to speak or use the language communicatively appropriately! I think I do prefer CLT approach to those 8 TEFL methods. However, we  can apply some of them to our current ways of teaching English!

Surayuth 069 4EN
42Surayuth069
42Surayuth069
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by 41chonlamas008 Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:36 pm

I like CBI the most.
I do like using CBI as my teaching method in the future.
I think and feel that CBI can increase listening skills for students.
Not only increase students listening skills but also my listening skill.
Do you know the CBI approach ?

Chonlamas 4EN 008
41chonlamas008
41chonlamas008
ศาสตราจารย์
ศาสตราจารย์

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum